Voter Registration

Register to Vote

You can register to vote either at the Town Office Monday- Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or at the polls on election day.
Please bring proof of Enfield residency with you. Items such as your Maine Driver’s License with your Enfield address listed or a Maine Driver’s License and a utility bill indicating your Enfield residency.

This function of the Town Clerk’s Department falls under the jurisdiction and rules of the Secretary of State and the laws of the State of Maine for state and local elections. The regular annual Town election is held on the second Tuesday in June. All voting takes place at the Enfield Town Office.

New Voter Registration

If you are registering in the Town of Enfield for the first time, please make sure everything is filled out on your voter registration card. In order to register, you must provide identification and proof of residency. Acceptable forms of identification include a driver's license, state ID card, passport, passport card, and military ID. For proof of residency, acceptable forms include a rent receipt, utility bill or piece of mail with your name on it. A piece of mail marked “Resident” is not acceptable.

Absentee Ballots

To obtain an absentee ballot for future elections, you can make the request no later than the Thursday prior to the Election:

  • By email, via the State of Maine’s absentee ballot request.
  • By phone, by the voter themselves, at (207) 732-4270
  • In person, at the Town Office, 789 Hammett Road.
Party Enrollments (Primary Elections Only)

If you are enrolled in a party before a primary election (Republican, Democrat or Green Independent), you cannot change parties right before the primary.

If you are listed as “unenrolled” on the voting list, you may enroll in a party for a primary election. You have to stay in that party for at least 3 months. If you do not wish to enroll, you can still vote on the local issues, such as bond issues, or school budget questions.